Cannabigerol (CBG) is a cannabinoid found in cannabis. CBG does not make a high hemp connection due to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). CBG blocks the psychoactive effects and metabolic effect of THC. CBG stimulates the growth of brain cells (neurogenesis), fights cancer, serves as antibacterial and helps in insomnia.
Results of CBG has been shown to:
- Relieves pain.
- Promotes bone growth.
- Stimulate growth of new brain cells.
- Slow bacterial growth especially in certain species.
- Reduces inflammation systemically.
- Reduces seizures and convulsions.
- Inhibits cancer cell growth.
- Induce sleep.
Scientists are above these first CBG results and support future research only with CBG or CBG in combination with other cannabinoids and therapies for the treatment of many diseases. Since it is not CBP, it has a promising wide range of potential applications not only for the above problems but also as an analgesic, psoriasis therapy and antidepressant.